Today was fairly productive. I divided the clock housing into upper and lower compartments. After that I primarily worked on the lower compartment--as shown in the pics below. First I did some simple collage work on the walls and ceiling of the compartment; the paper is from a 1950 elementary science text book, on which I used a green tissue overlay. Next I mounted a globe image (from an 1899 Rand-McNally Atlas) on 1/4" plywood for stability and affixed it in the compartment. Finally, I attached a few pieces of branch in the foreground. The plans for the upper compartment are darker--both in color (or lack thereof) and mood. Check back for updates.
Here are some pics of today's work:
The (sometimes mad) ramblings of a mixed media artist.