Lookee what I found! I almost forgot about this little guy.
Back in October a local woman gave me a mummified bird that she had found in her chimney. I just discovered (or, maybe, rediscoved) it in my garage, so now I've got all kinds of ideas flying around in my head as to how to use it in an assemblage.
I felt that Tweety was too delicate to use in his entirety. Bits of feather and dried skin are still clinging to it (yeah, I know, ick.), and there's no way I'd be able to remove them without destroying the skeleton. So I decided to remove the skull and use just that in an upcoming assemblage.
At this time I'm thinking of using some of my vintage anatomy images--both avian and human--along with this skull and, of course, some choice found objects to perhaps create a kind of homage to birds or flight. Maybe it'll be something with an Icarus theme. I've always kind of had an interest in mythology, so I'll likely do research on bird "gods" and the like. Who knows where this will end. Check back.
The (sometimes mad) ramblings of a mixed media artist.