Last summer Brenda at J.B. Knacker gave me some bones that her dog had found in the woods and brought home. I used a couple of what I'm assuming are leg bones in two previous pieces--"Wither" and "Tick Tock"--but I hadn't been able to figure out a place for the skull...until now. Yesterday I completed what I'm calling "Shrine to King Lotor." Before finishing this project, I did a little research and determined the bones are from a raccoon (Procyon lotor); lotor, by the way, is Latin for "washer." Below's a picture of this assemblage; please go to my New Work page for more photos. Okay, now I can finally (unless I get distracted by something else) get back to my on-going nichos project.
The (sometimes mad) ramblings of a mixed media artist.