The weather was beautiful out here in the hinterlands this weekend, so needless to say I was out enjoying it: biking, kayaking, gardening, that kind of thing. However, I did find some time to put in a little work on my as of yet unnamed shrine-to-something. As shown in the following images, I added a few odds-n-ends to the upper portion. The piece at the top is the backer plate to an old drawer handle, and the pieces on either side are (I believe) corner brackets from an old trunk. As you can see, I've also added a pair of "columns," which are actually spindles off an old chair. Finally, I wanted to create a different profile for the base, so I ringed it in pieces from a vintage frame.
As of yet, I still have no idea what the focal point of this piece will be. I guess my muse is on leave for the time being.
My next step (other than trying to come up with the aforementioned focal point) will be the paint treatment. Please check back for updates.
The (sometimes mad) ramblings of a mixed media artist.